Tuesday, April 15, 2008

San Antonio

I would love to post some pictures, but I can't. The thingy that moves the pictures from the camera to the computer is locked up in the church in David's briefcase. Oops! Sorry! It will probably be a few days. Here's what we did though:
We went to supper at Fuddrucker's. There was a drunk homeless man on the floor when we came in. I saw him and he saw me, but David' didn't know he was there for a while. Then a worker saw him. They told a manager. The manager woke him (he wasn't really asleep, remember I told you he looked at me, well he did that a lot while we were eating, but it didn't bother me, what else did he have to do, we were the only ones there). And told him to leave. He didn't. She told him again, and again, and again. Tons of times. Then said she would have to call the police if he didn't go. Did he want that? He said that he didn't. She told him again and again and again. She must have threatened that for 15 minutes. No joke. Finally, she did call the police who kicked him to wake him, tried to get him to walk out, and eventually dragged him out. Then they talked to him outside as we left. Very interesting. It didn't bother us. I think he wanted the police to come. At least he had a place to sleep that night.
On Friday we went to the zoo. It was great. Allyssa loved it. She fell asleep as we were walking to the car and slept all the way through lunch. We ate at Taco Taco Cafe. It is so good they had to name it twice. Okay I didn't make that up, it was on the shirts of the employees. It was that good. I recommend it. It is near the zoo. The sign on their door says to wait to be called in because they don't have room inside. They are not joking. Wait outside. They'll call you in. They only have about 10 small tables. Good food though. Try the chiliquiles, but make sure who ever is with you gets a taco. They are big tacos. You'll want to snitch a bite.
More later, Allyssa is awake.

No comments: