Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Party and stuff that happend this week

We'll start with the stuff and move to the Easter Party. David asked Allyssa to spell her name and she replied with "A-L-L-A-L-L-A-A-A-A-A" Pretty darn good for a 22 month old.

Today was the MOPS Easter Party at Heather's house. It was so much fun! When we got to Heather's house, Allyssa asked if she could take her book with her. I told her no. That was okay with her. Next she asked if she could take "Da-bad with you." Yes, we took David with us. Allyssa did really well hunting for eggs. It was too cute. She wasn't happy that she couldn't open all the eggs and eat the candy, but after she almost choked on the first piece I gave her, I realized that she is too young for that kind of candy. Poor kiddo. At least one egg had some stickers in it. I'll let her play with those later. After the egg hunt, I tried to have her dye an egg. Worst. Idea. Ever. Her clothes, face, and my hands are dyed yellow. Then, I let her eat some. It was a little late for snack time and a little early for lunch. She pretty much just snacked the rest of the afternoon. Then she watched other kids hit the pinata. Then she attempted the "egg" walk for a little goodie bag prize. Thankfully, she didn't have to be good at it to get a prize because every kid got a prize. We took a group picture that I don't even know if Allyssa was in. David slept through most of the day. I nursed him once and then other people held him. Allyssa was overtired when we left. When we got home, I tried to put her down for a nap. David was fussy and needed attention, so she didn't get put down well. I'm not sure if she slept at all. I tried to get her to go to sleep again later, but then David started crying again, so she didn't get put down well again. So she is in her crib for another few minutes awake. Then I'll get her out and probably have a terrible afternoon with her. David's "schedule" is also all out of whack. He hasn't had much awake time today, so let's hope he has a good night anyways. It was a fun morning at Heather's, but I could have had a better nap time.

Really need to figure out how to get this girl to take a nap without having to be rocked. It would make life a lot easier.

No comments: