Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Here's what our Easter looked like:
David woke up early to get to church by 6:30. David Jr. woke up about the same time. He didn't think he needed more sleep after he ate, so I got him dressed and played with him before putting him down for a nap. Then I got Allyssa's breakfast made and her out of bed. Then, I got us girls dressed and our teeth brushed. Then I got the diaper bag ready and fed David again. Then we headed over to church. Allyssa carried her own booster seat because we were going to have breakfast there, too. It happend to fall during the middle of the morning, so Allyssa got a big snack! After the breakfast we went to church. Church seemed really long to me because I had two kids to care for and one kept taking her shoes off right before we had to get up to go to the front for the Children's Message and then again for Communion. After that we chatted for a while and came home. David made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch while I fed David Jr. Then we ate and put the kids to bed. We were too tired for an additional Easter egg hunt (Allyssa had one on Thursday and one Saturday, so she didn't get ripped off really). We had to go to the store and get milk. Friends brought us supper which was so nice of them to do. We had trouble getting the kids to sleep. Then we went to sleep. It was quite a day. Really didn't feel like Easter to me. I think that it didn't because I didn't really get to experience Lent, since there was no somberness, the joy of Easter was lost. That and I really enjoy the sunrise service the best at Easter, but with little ones, it is too hard to get to church early enough for that. Eventually...

No comments: