Friday, October 31, 2008

Reformation Day

My poor husband can't wait for this day to be over. You'd think he'd like Reformation Day; I mean, hello, he's Lutheran. Nope. Reformation Day for him inconveniently falls on Halloween every year. I personally think that he totally didn't trick-or-treat enough as a kid or he'd think it was great. I've never asked him though. Maybe he trick-or-treated against his will or caught on fire one year because he got too close to a burning pumpkin. Who knows? Either way, my husband insists that he won't be a kill-joy and will humor my love of candy--I mean Halloween, seriously though, I don't care what it is called if candy is involved. And how convenient is it that we bought Halloween candy for trick-or-treaters when we won't be getting home tonight until after Allyssa's bedtime. Unfortunately, David has solved this problem and we will simply turn on the carport light. Less candy for me, more candy for kids in costumes. However, if we do get really little kiddos, I have little tiny play dough for them! How fun is that?!! I'd be so excited if I was a 3 year old. Yay for Kohl's! Allyssa gets to celebrate, too. She gets to dress up as a Crayola and go to Trunk-or-Treat at the Church of Christ in Harlingen. That's where we go to MOPS. Hopefully she'll like it. We'll see!

No comments: