Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sunday Afternoon thru Tuesday Morning

...we spent at Allyssa's godparents' house in Houston. We had a great time and unfortunatly took no pictures which I'm very sad about. Allyssa enjoyed having another kid to "play" with although she is a toy theif, so really she enjoyed having another kid to steal toys from. Goofy girl. Caleb loved watching her move everywhere as he is 7 months old and learning to crawl. He's pretty fast though. I realized how quickly time flies while there. Honestly, I don't remember that stage of Allyssa's life. It was only 9 months ago that she was his age. For me, that is a good thing. While there are parts of every stage that are not my favorite, I must say that the infant-pre-walking stage was very hard for me. Once Allyssa was able to walk and say a few words, I found myself to be very relieved. For once, I knew what my child wanted at least some of the time. Caleb was so wonderfully happy. I really don't remember Allyssa smiling as much as Caleb who also never seemed to cry. What a wonderful baby!! We has a great time visiting and had a few new experiences. I'd never played Wii and got to play for the first time there. We also got to eat this wonderful chicken that Kati gave me the recipe for. I can't wait to make it. And meatloaf. I don't make meatloaf. Kati does, and it is great! She had bar-b-que sauce that we could eat with it. It was a new flavor for me and was wonderful! They also made brownies that had frosting on the top (David mentioned to me that that was quite a treat as I never put frosting on brownies. He also made sure that I knew that she put it on a 1/4 of an inch thick, which was the right amount. :) ) and bananas foster or something like that (obviously I've never had it since I'm not sure about the name). It was really good and a special treat. It was great getting to visit with Kati because I hadn't gotten the chance to talk with her much because we've never lived very close to one another. Mike and David got to play volleyball together. They love playing sports together, so that was great. All in all it was a wonderful trip!

No comments: