Today is the Jalapeno 100. David is doing the metric century, which is 62.5 miles. He'll be done soon, so Allyssa and I won't be able to see him finish because of her nap time. If it wasn't too windy, he would have done the full century, so we would have gone to Harlingen to see him finish. Sadly, the wind did not cooperate.
I woke up this morning with swollen hands and feet. I called a friend and asked if Allyssa could come over, especially since she has a cough which I think is from allergies. She said that it was fine. I then called the doctor (because of course finding a place for Allyssa to be is more important). It is a weekend, so the doctor on call is not my doctor, but a different one in town. She quoted statistics about the chances of my having preeclampsia again. Then she told me to stay home until I get another symptom (pains in my abdomen, headache that won't go away with Tylonol, swelling in my face, seeing spots, etc...). So I called my friend back (who by the way is part of the sweetest family in the whole world! Her husband volunteered to adjust his work schedule so that my friend could accompany me to the hospital since David would have to meet me there later. He was going to watch their two kids plus Allyssa!!) and said that I didn't have to go to the hospital afterall. So now it is just a wait until those symptoms appear or wait until Monday, whichever comes first. Monday, I'm supposed to call my doctor and get an early appointment so that tests can be run. So the hope is that I'm swollen for no good reason at all and that everything is fine. We'll find out next week, I guess.