Thursday, September 4, 2008

MOPS

Today was the first day of MOPS for the school year. MOPS is Mothers of Preschoolers. That doesn't mean 3 and 4 year olds like I thought. It means kids not in school yet. I went to one meeting last year and a couple of play groups this summer. I'm excited about it starting up again. Allyssa cried when the lady took her from me and led her into the classroom. I said goodbye just as she was being taken to her room. She cried, but the lady assured me that she'd be playing and happy soon. I decided to let it go and let her go. Sure enough 2 hours later when I got back Allyssa did not even notice when I came in. When I told her hi and she actually looked at me, she wasn't excited to see me or even interested that I was there. After a minute she did want to show me her baby doll (not really hers, but she was playing with it). She cried when we left because we had to leave the baby doll behind. But we got to take pictures with balloons and then take the balloons home for Daddy's birthday!!! She didn't have a nap this morning, so she fell asleep on the ride home (also, we lost her potted plant because I put it on the roof of the car and forgot to take it off, she planted it herself and I'm sad that I lost it). She showed Daddy the balloons and her picture of Boz when we got home. He really enjoyed hearing how she knew Boz's name and surprised her caregivers at MOPS by saying "BOZ!" when they brought her coloring page out. It was a good morning! We topped it off with birthday cake after lunch! Peppermint Poke Cake. Yum!

No comments: