Monday, November 17, 2008

To my mom...

...who laughed at me while I dug a formerly clean diaper out of the toilet...
My daughter tired to learn to potty on the toilet. It worked for 8 days. 8 wonderful, mommy proud days. Then she got sick and potty training went out the window and clean diapers, sadly, went in the toilet. Now that Allyssa thinks she's allowed in the bathroom, when I've got clean diapers on the couch to be stuffed (cloth diapers for those of you who are confused), she steals one and runs off to the bathroom. I try to strip her and put her on the toilet, but she'd cry once she got up there. So off she'd go and I'd put a clean diaper on her and clean the pee off the floor. I bought a little potty chair today thinking maybe it would save me. A chair is much lower and she can sit on it herself. She wasn't a fan. Stupid chair. There were only two options at the store, green or pink. I picked green so that future children could use it and not think it is girly. Calling my mom, I told her that I didn't think Allyssa liked it because the seat is hard plastic and cold unlike her potty seat on the big toilet with is soft and cushy. She actually asked to sit on the soft and cushy one, but still didn't pee in the potty.

Well Mom, you'll be here in less than a week. I'll let you get the diapers out of the toilet. :) And if you could teach her to sit on the little potty chair and actually pee in it, I'd be very pleased. Have fun with that....

Note to self: Leave town next week without Allyssa. Hahahahaha.

No comments: