Monday, January 5, 2009

But I don't want to forget the fun...

Today was so wonderful, and I have some pictures of some of the wonderful things. Sadly, I can't get the pictures off my camera. The screen that usually pops up to get the pictures off isn't popping up. Instead a little box pops up with two folders in it that don't hold my pictures. So bizzare. David can fix it! I believe he can fix anything.

Okay, back to my day. I have to tell all the stories because I don't want to forget the fun!

This afternoon Allyssa and I went to Wal-mart. She always totes around at least one toy when we take a car ride. Today, it was 3 toys, two babies and a big stuffed lamb. One baby was left in the car, but the lamb and the other baby made it into Wal-mart. It doesn't bother me for her to tote her toys into stores. Really, I could care less what she brings; as long as she isn't crying, I'm good. We did our shopping and she even let me go through my coupons to make sure that I wasn't missing anything that I really needed to get, like a bottle for O.K. (Other Kid) that was $3 off with my coupon because I really think that he needs fresh bottles. Allyssa didn't use bottles much, but you never know one kid to the next, so I figured that having some on hand was a good idea, and when is $3 off not a good idea? During the last couple of minutes of shopping, Allyssa realized that the panties that were on her baby are no longer there. They haven't been there for about 1 1/2 weeks. I told her that I knew the panties were gone, and that it is really okay. As we checked out she kept looking under the baby's dress for the panties and saying "pa-ties." Outside on the way to the car one of the legs on the doll popped off while she was looking for the "pa-ties." I died laughing. She was holding the leg of the doll and just looking at it like she was so confused. I'm sure she was. I stopped walking and tried to get the leg back on, but it wasn't easy. I passed an employee that I've talked to before and said hello between laughs. He put away the carts he was pushing and came to get my cart and see what was so funny. Allyssa was now looking very concerned, saying uh-oh and pa-ties. Fernando tried to put the baby's leg back on, but couldn't. I was still laughing. Then a man from church came up to us to see what all the fun was about. It was really hilarious. Once we got home, David put the baby back together because he got home at about the same time that we did. All is well with the baby now (except she still doesn't wear panties).

At supper today, Allyssa decided that Daddy needed kisses. Lots of kisses. She must have given him 20 kisses. We had to move her closer to him so that he could reach her. It was so precious.

After supper, David was playing with Allyssa, and I was putting dishes away. Allyssa gave David (who was sitting on the floor) a doll and a dog. At first she thought that this might be enough and she sat down on his lap, too. But no, it wasn't enough. By the end of it all he had 7 babies, 1 monkey, 3 bunnies, 2 dogs, 1 racoon, 2 bears, 1 duck, a book, and a plastic decorative gift card holder. And of course Allyssa found a place on his lap and couldn't understand why he couldn't read a book to her.

We also finally took pictures in front of the tree tonight. It is the 12th day of Christmas, you know.

No comments: