Monday, January 19, 2009

Sonogram today

Today the baby was measured to weigh 3 pounds 1 oz which is perfect for his age (between 29 and 30 weeks). I seem to be very healthy as my last urine catch showed everything to be "almost negligable" (all the fun stuff that they look for to show signs of preeclampsia weren't there), so all looks good. I saw the other doctor (she was there when Dr. Hunter delivered Allyssa) today. She didn't think I needed more blood work today or another urine catch. So I am free for the next 2 weeks. I'll see Dr. Hunter then, and will certainly have to give more fluids.
Dr. Infante told me that I very well could have more children reguardless of my c-sections. Recently I was told that 3 is the magic number for c-sections. As it turns out, that is just what people say. Infante said that when they open me up for this C, they'll look at the scar and see if it looks like there is a lot of scar tissue or not. They'll use this to judge how this scar will most likely heal and let me know then if I can have Baby #3. Most of the time 3 Cs are fine (occasionally after 1 C it will look like the mother has had 6 Cs because of the amount of scar tissue, however, Infante did a C on a woman who was having her 6th C and it looked like it was her first). If I am able to have Baby #3 they will let me know after that C if it looks okay enough to try for Baby #4. (She said "Usually 3 or 4 is the most that we like to do, but really it depends on the mother.") The process just goes on from there. So you must be asking yourself how many kids I plan on having. Too bad. You'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: