Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

I realize that my daughter is too young to remember this inauguration, but she and I watched it anyways. Not because I wanted to see it very, very much, but because I thought that it was important that Allyssa "see" it so that when she is older I can tell her that she saw a very historical inauguration. When it actually took place, Allyssa was watching the T.V. (a lot of the time she was playing and reading even though I only had the T.V. on for about 40 minutes; she doesn't watch T.V. really, so she doesn't stare at it). Her reaction? She clapped. Most likely she had no concept of what just occurred, but everyone on the whole screen was clapping, so she must have figured she should, too. When she is 12 or so and learning about this in school, I'll be glad to tell her that she watched it, clapped at the inauguration, and that she was 1 1/2 years old. Now my reasons for not caring to watch it so much are simple: You'll have to check out my other blog for them though because I ramble too much.

No comments: