Sunday, March 8, 2009

My least favorite parts of pregnancy

In no particular order:
1. Clothes that don't fit right. (I can't stand the waistband that touches my tummy, so most of my pants like to slip down and my shorts that fit of course fit lowly because I don't wear them up on my tummy, so my shirts have to be long enough to cover my belly. All in all it is a sad, sad situation of clothes that aren't comfy and don't fit right. The good news? Pregnancies are about 40 weeks long and I'm past week 36.)
2. People who treat me like an invalid (for example: I am not allowed to lift anything or move anything over 1 pound. People will try to force me to stop doing something that causes no discomfort at all simply because it involves lifting. However, when I'm doing a task that really does cause discomfort but does not involve lifting, the same person won't offer any help. Odd, I tell you. Odd.)
3. Being told to take it easy. (Every mother of more than one child can tell you that slowing down when you are pregnant with any child other than your first is virtually impossible. Combine that with the fact that I have no family near me, and this idea is down-right laughable.)

No comments: