Sunday, March 15, 2009

Smelly Stuff

While I do wear body spray, I do not wear perfume, and really never have liked perfume. I was reminded of why today. As a child I often set behind a lady in church who wore a flower scented perfume that made me feel sick to my stomach. I would often have to ask my parents if we could find another seat. I thought that that was the worst that perfume could get...you know, over-powering, drifting too far away from the person, making the whole world smell like the perfume that that person is wearing. I was wrong. Today Allyssa was held by someone whose perfume smelled like poop. I'm not trying to say that it was stinky, which it was, I am trying to say that I repeatedly checked my daughter's diaper to make sure that I wasn't imagining this. I wasn't. And she isn't gassy. It is really quite sad that there is someone walking around who smells like poop on purpose. I am so glad that it is a bath night (it would be even if it wasn't) and that today is the day that I wash Allyssa's sheet after her nap. Hooray for that! Boo for perfume!

No comments: