Saturday, March 28, 2009

Transitions

They are always hard. The good thing is that David actually took a pacifier today and it helped him take a nap all by himself! Hooray! I know that I can't rock him everytime that he needs to go to sleep because he's not the only kid, so I'm really glad that he finally took a pacifier sucessfully. Allyssa is having trouble with the rules. She learned to open doors. Not a good thing. Today she threw several fits about not being allowed to play with things that she shouldn't and being told that she is not allowed in the workshop and that Mommy couldn't go outside because Mommy had to stay with David, but she could go out with Daddy. It has been a really tough few days. I'm very tired. David (husband) is letting me take a nap during his lunch breaks. That helps a lot. It means 5-6 hours of sleep a day instead of 4-5. That is an improvement. The thing that I am feeling the most is isolation. All the mothers that I know live in a town that is half an hour away. That means that there aren't kids to play with or moms to talk with that live next door or down the street. Because of the sleep issue with me, I can totally understand now why moms send their kids to preschool at young ages. I am thankful that I am less judgemental about that now. It makes total sense why a mom of more than one kid needs to send the older to preschool. I don't have that option. Part of the reason I don't is the distance to the one that I would use if I would use one, but I really don't think I would anyways because it doesn't fit in with the lifestyle that my husband and I desire. But I still can totally understand why other people do it. Or Mother's Day Out. There's not one of those here either. Heck, I haven't even found a babysitter that isn't in high school and busy with extra-curricular activities. Anyways, I'm not trying to complain, I'm just trying to express my feelings about my situation. It is a hard transition. I'm feeling very competent as a parent, but having a really hard time dealing with Allyssa's tantrums and my lack of sleep. I'm really hopeing that the Babywise book comes through for me and David sleeps through the night at 8 or 9 weeks.

No comments: